Effective January 1, 2017, all Winchester Food Establishments must adhere to the following Regulations that include the 2013 FDA Food Code:
- 2013 Food Code:
- 105 CMR 590 (PDF) PDF PDF Download (MA Food Regulations)
- Allergen amendments to MA Food Regulations (PDF) PDF PDF Download
Allergen Awareness Training
To obtain Food Allergen Awareness Training with Certificate on-line, go to either link:
Keeping of Animals
- Guidelines for keeping backyard chickens (PDF)
- Regulations for Keeping of Animals (PDF)
- Application for Keeping of Animals (PDF)
Winchester Coalition for a Safer Community
The Winchester Coalition For A Safer Community is a comprehensive community-based organization, housed within the Health Department, that works collaboratively with town residents, departments and agencies to reduce substance abuse, particularly in the youth community, and to foster safe choices and healthy living through education. To learn about upcoming Coalition programs and to stay in touch with what the Coalition is doing, please “like” us on Facebook or visit our webpage.
The Coalition was honored to have been selected in 2014 from among more than 430 applicants during a very competitive review process, as one of 100 local nonprofits to receive grants of $100,000 each through Cummings Foundation’s $100K for 100 program. The $100K for 100 program supports nonprofits that are not only based in but also primarily serve Middlesex, Essex, and Suffolk counties. View more information about the grant program. The Coalition deeply appreciates the Cummings Foundation’s commitment to community.
- Seven Tips to Raising Healthy Boys
- Cannabis Abstinence: MGH Study shows Improvement in Memory for Adolescents and Young Adults
Sharps/Needle Collection for Residents
Information on Medical Sharps and Medication Disposal for Winchester Residents can be found online (PDF).
Mosquitoes & Ticks
Protect yourself from mosquitoes and ticks by visiting the following links:
- Mosquitoes and Ticks: They’re out in Mass!
- Ticks in Your Yard: Here’s what to Do
- Tick Report Opens in New Window
- Tick Testing Program for Winchester Residents Opens in New Window
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health
- Massachusetts Executive Office of Health and Human Services
- United States Center for Disease Control
- Wildlife Rehabilitators - a resource for when your find a sick or baby animal