Human Resources Department

Human Resources FAQ

Can I make an appointment?

Yes, please call the HR Office Main number. Our office hours are Monday 8-7, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 8-4 and Friday 8-12

How do I login to my Employee Self Service (ESS) portal account (Current Employees)?

Please contact Human Resources by email (see right) to receive login information or to reset password. For the Retirement System Portal, please contact the Retirement Office at 781-721-7127.

How do I enroll in health/dental insurance?

You may enroll in insurance only during Open Enrollment (typically in May each year) or if you have a qualifying event (birth/adoption, marriage, involuntary loss of coverage, etc.) You must sign up within 30 days of your qualifying event. Please contact HR by email or phone to get necessary forms.

How do I get a Verification of Employment for a Town of Winchester employee?

Town Department Employees: For a simple verbal verification of employment (VOE) please call 781-721-7157. For a written VOE please fax to the Comptroller Office at 781-721-7156. This includes DPW, Library, and Recreation dept. employees.

School Department Employees: Please email Nancy Clark, School Department Payroll.

I have questions about Medicare Supplement Plans.

Please contact Beata Malicka, HR & Benefits Coordinator at 781-721-7157 or by emailing her.

I have a question about deductions on my paycheck.

Please contact the Comptroller's Office  at 781-721-7116.

How do I get a copy of my birth certificate? 

That is handled by the Town Clerk's office please contact that department.