Transfer Station Permits
Transfer station permits and stickers are required for every vehicle that transports refuse to the Winchester Transfer Station. Residential permits are issued to residents only, and may be purchased for any or all vehicles registered to residents living in the same household. Permits are required for every vehicle that transports rubbish to the town’s Transfer Station. Applications for permits are mailed to every household in January with the annual census. New residents may apply for a permit at the Town Clerk’s Office, or download the applicationand mail in.
Applications & Forms
- Transfer Station Permit (PDF)
- Transfer Station Replacement Permit (PDF)
- Transfer Station Exception Form (PDF)
- Eligibility for Low Income Transfer Station Permit (PDF)
Eligibility for Reduced Fee Transfer Station Permits
The Town of Winchester announces the eligibility requirements to obtain a low income transfer station permit. Low-income permits are available for residents who qualify at a cost of $30 per household. Only 1 sticker shall be provided. Citizens must provide proof that they are eligible for fuel assistance, through the Action for Boston Community Development (18 Dartmouth Street, Malden, MA) as a qualifying factor or provide the following:
- A signed 2016 census form, to prove residency and size of household
- A copy of “Eligibility Notification” for the current year Fuel Assistance Program from Tri-Community Action Program, Inc.
- Income-tax returns, bank statements, Social Security statements, pay-check stubs, or any other evidence that shows the total combined income for all family members for the previous tax year.
||Yearly Combined Income
||Call for amount
Action for Boston Community Development
18 Dartmouth Street
Malden, MA 02148
Fuel Assistance: 781-322-6284
Energy Conservation: 781-322-4190