About the Commission
Seven members are appointed by the Town Manager, with approval from the Select Board, to serve 3-year terms.
The commission has responsibility for the preservation of open space and implementation of the Massachusetts Wetlands Protection Act and the Winchester Wetlands Bylaw. It holds public hearing on projects that are in or near wetland resource areas.
Ref: Town Meeting, March 23, 1964, Arts. 34 and 35: M.G.L 40 § 8C
Notice of Intent Filings
Please contact the Conservation Office for all Notice of Intent Filings. Elaine Vreeland can be contacted via phone at 781-721-7152 or email.
The Conservation Commission follows the regulations set forth in the Massachusetts Wetlands Protection Act, MGL Chapter 131, Section 40 (Regulations at 310 CMR 10.00) and Winchester Wetlands Bylaw (Chapter 13 of Winchester Code of Bylaws).
Eversource - Woburn to Wakefield Line
- Eversource Davidson Park and Washington Street Proposed Planting Plan DRAFT 090723
- Eversource W-W Davidson Park Mitigation Planting Plan 071923
- Eversource, Order of Conditions - Cross and Washington Street @ Aberjona River within roadway
- Eversource, Order of Conditions - Cross Street @ Aberjona River
- Eversource, Order of Conditions - Washington Street @ Aberjona River
- Proposed Mitigation Plan for Davidson Park
158-162 Swanton Street
15 Churchill Road - Notice of Intent
Lynch Elementary School
- 14767 Lynch Elementary Affadavit of Service
- 14767 Lynch Elementary Notification to Abutters_Form
- 14767 Lynch Elementary Pedestrian Bridge Scour Memorandum
- 14767 Lynch Elementary Updated Pedestrian Bridge Structural Plans
- 14767 Lynch Elementary Wildlife Habitat Assessment
- 2023-11-06 14767 Lynch Elementary - Request for an Amended Order