Disability Access Commission
- First Thursday of the month
- Town Hall
71 Mt. Vernon St.
Winchester, MA 01890
Light It Up Blue Event
About the Commission
The Disability Access Commission's mission is to protect the rights and facilitate the inclusion of individuals with disabilities in all aspects of community life within Winchester. Please contact ADA Coordinator, Michelle A. Tassi to confirm the meeting date and time by phone at 781-721-7157 or by email at email@example.com. The public is strongly encouraged to attend.
Ref: Town Meeting, April 22, 1996, Art. 19
- Develop access to public transportation within Winchester for individuals with disabilities
- Develop accessible housing options within Winchester
- Educate individuals with disabilities about resources and legal rights
- Educate the community about the vast range of disabilities, "universal design" and "visibility" concepts, and legal requirements
- Ensure appropriate medical and disaster planning supports
- Ensure town compliance of Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and promote voluntary private compliance
- Promote the employment of individuals with disabilities
911 Disability Indicator
The filing of the 911 Disability Indicator Form (PDF) with your 911 municipal coordinator will alert public safety officials that an individual residing at your address communicates over the phone by a TTY and/or has a disability that may hinder evacuation or transport. This information is confidential and will only appear at the dispatcher's location when a 911 call originates from the designated address.
Please return the form to 911 Municipal Coordinator at the Winchester Police Department or call 781-729-1214 for more information. This link was marked as "skipped"