October 18, 2018
SEPTEMBER 26, 2018
JULY 26, 2018
NOTICE OF ADJUDICATORY HEARING - information for those persons wishing to participate in this proceeding and/or comment on the Initial Petition and Certification Application
FEBRUARY 1, 2018 - CONSTRUCTION NOTICE
MYSTIC TO WOBURN LINE PROJECT
From February of 2018 through March of 2018, Bond Brothers Construction will be working for Eversource between Fenwick Road and the Wedgemere MBTA Station on Bacon Street.
Construction activity in this area will include the construction of a temporary dam within the Aberjona River at a height of about 12 feet and crews working within the Aberjona River.
In addition to work within the Aberjona River, crews will be performing land survey work, installing an underground concrete vault and digging a trench to contain a new transmission line. The trench and manhole work will take place in the area between the Aberjona River and the Wedgemere MBTA Station. Steel plates will be used to secure the vault and trench locations at the end of each workday.
Restoration and Site Improvement Work
When complete, crews will restore areas that were disturbed by the work and remove invasive species between Fenwick Road and Bacon Street, with a goal to improve overall conditions within the riparian zone of the Aberjona River.
We thank you in advance for your understanding during this construction period.
Project Work Hours
Work hours are 7:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Monday through Friday. Saturday work may be permitted at the discretion of the Town of Winchester and Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation. Due to weather or other unexpected circumstances, the work hours may be extended.
Parking Restrictions and Pedestrian Detours
Parking restrictions and pedestrian detours may be necessary and will be clearly posted in advance of activities with dates and duration of restrictions.
Our Commitment to You
We are committed to being a good neighbor and doing our work with respect for public spaces in Winchester. For more information about this work, please call 1-800-793-2202, or send an email to TransmissionInfo@eversource.com.
March 2, 2017
Energy Facilities Siting Board tentative decision regarding the 115kv line
September 13, 2016
August 31, 2016
Attached hereto are the documents pertaining to the Town's case in opposition to the siting of the 345kV transmission line in Winchester. A brief summary of the Town's position can be found in the document "TOWN OF WINCHESTER OPENING STATEMENT".
The Energy Facilities Siting Board will continue its consideration of the case during the months of September and October. We will update with information as it comes available.
Information on Eversource Underground Line Projects
Public Information Sessions:
Woburn to Wakefield Project - Wednesday, January 27 at 7:00pm, Lincoln School Auditorium
Mystic to Woburn Project - Thursday, February 11 at 7:00pm, Lincoln School Auditorium
- September 9, 2015 - 7:00PM, City Council Chamber, 10 Common Street, Woburn, MA (PDF)
- July 15, 2015 - 7:00 PM, Alden Chambers, 2nd Floor, Medford City Hall (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) Updated April 7, 2016 (PDF)
- Eversource presentation - Public Information Session , February 11, 2016 (PDF)
- EMF Analysis for Woburn-to-Wakefield Junction Underground 345-kV Transmission Line (PDF)
- Resume for Dr. Peter Valberg, Gradient Corp., consultant to Eversource on EMF (PDF)
- Eversource presentation - Public Information Session, January 27, 2016 (PDF)
- Eversource presentation to the Board of Selectmen - January 11, 2016 (PDF)
- Mystic to Woburn Transmission Project - Environmental Notification Form (PDF)
- Legal Notice (PDF)
- Eversouce Postcard (PDF)
- Eversource presentation to the Board of Selectmen - April 6, 2015 (PDF)
- Information submitted to the Board of Selectmen - April 6, 2015 meeting (PDF)