Annual Town Election
Nomination For Town Election: Begins First Business Day in January Annually
The nomination process to run for public elected office begins on Thursday, January 4, 2021 in the Office of the Town Clerk. For those electors who may be interested to run for Town wide office, you may register your interest and name for nomination for this coming springs Annual Town Election, to be held Tuesday, March 30, 2021.
Click here to see offices available to be on the ballot.
Town Meeting Members
The nomination process for Town Meeting Members will also begin on the first business day in January annually. The Town Clerk’s Office notifies each Incumbent Town Meeting Member that their term is expiring. If they are interested to run again, they are required to mail in the form the Town Clerk’s sends to them the last week in December. For any NEW candidate interested in a Town Meeting Member position, they must pull nomination papers with the Town Clerk during normal business hours.
Eligibility to Run for Public Office
In order to be eligible to run for public office, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be a registered voter in Winchester in order to pull papers for public office.
- You must come into Town Hall prior to register as an official candidate for public office; we need your signature, you cannot send a friend or family member on your behalf.
- Must circulate a nomination petition with 50 signatures of voters in Winchester who sign to support your candidacy.
- Return your papers to the Town Clerk’s Office for approval.
- Decide if you will establish a Candidate Committee to promote your election campaign.
- Get out the vote!
Opens in New Window
Office of Campaign and Political Finance
Click here Version OptionsAnnual Town Election Headline Opens in New Window for information on running a campaign for public office.
If you have any questions on the required forms, please contact the Town Clerk’s Office at email@example.com