Message from Town Manager Lisa Wong
My office is working closely with the Winchester Health Department, the Superintendent’s Office, Public Safety and other key departments, local, regional, state, and federal partners as COVID-19 evolves. Things keep changing and we know that you are all working hard to keep yourself and your loved ones safe. We know information is key to doing that so the town has created this page to post necessary, timely and helpful information. PLEASE SIGN UP HERE FOR WINCHESTER AWARE to receive alerts to your email and phone.
Guidelines from the Winchester Board of Health/Health Department as of March 16, 2020
Links to the CDC and Massachusetts Department of Public Health for more information on prevention and how to stop the spread of germs
Beware of COVID-19 Scams! Click this link to learn more
A list of building and community closures and postponements. If you would like us to list your organization, please email the Town Manager’s Office
Please click on the link above to see the press releases from the Board of Health
Please click on the link above for correspondence from Judith Evans, Superintendent of Schools
Click here for the latest press releases
Notices from the Recreation Department and Select Board
Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker gave a Press Conference on Sunday, March 15. Please click on the link above for the full Press Release.
Some of the executive orders the Governor is expected to file tomorrow include:
* Schools (public and private) closed from Tuesday until April 7.
* No on premise eating or drinking at bars or restaurants from Tuesday until April 7.
* No social gatherings over 25 people.
* Ban visitors to nursing homes (may have exceptions for end of life care)
* Banning (beginning Wednesday) hospitals ban non-essential procedures.
* Allow some pharmacists to make their own hand sanitizer to address shortage.
Please keep checking the website for the latest news.