Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
This Calendar is to publicize any event, located in Winchester, sponsored by a non-profit or for-profit organization running a fundraiser, where the public is invited to attend. No holidays, events outside Winchester or personal events are to be posted. View All Calendars is the default. Choose Select a Calendar to view a specific calendar. Subscribe to calendar notifications by clicking on the Notify Me button, and you will automatically be alerted about the latest events in our community.
September 6, 2017, 7:00 PM - 9:30 PM
“I have so many questions about my relative’s mental health diagnosis…”
• What do I do if there is a crisis?
• How can I get a clear diagnosis for my relative?
• How can my relative and I communicate better?
• What local services in my community am I missing out on?
• What are all these medications for?
The Family-To-Family Education Program is a 12-week course for family caregivers and friends of individuals affected mental health challenges. All instruction and course materials are free for class participants.
A different topic is covered every week:
• Information about Bipolar Disorder, Major Depression, Schizophrenia, Borderline Personality Disorder, Panic Disorder and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
• Coping skills, handling crisis and relapse
• Listening and communication techniques
• Problem solving and limit setting...and much, much more!
For more information or to register for the Family to Family Course, contact Ellen at firstname.lastname@example.org
September 6, 2017, 7:00 PM - 9:30 PM @ First Congregational Church
Family to Family is a 12-week course for family caregivers and friends of individuals affected by mental illness. Offered free of charge by NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness), the course is taught by trained family member volunteers. The course provides information on the major brain disorders (mental illnesses) and teaches coping skills and communication techniques. Participants in Family to Family gain vital insight into their loved ones' situations and have described the course experience as life-changing.
September 6, 2017, 7:30 PM - 10:00 PM @ Mystic Valley Room
September 6, 2017, 7:30 PM - 9:30 PM @ Waterfield Room